Thursday, November 1, 2012

HALLOWEEN!!

I was excited, first Halloween I felt he was old enough to enjoy and go trick or treating :)

Made him a pumpkin Mickey hat, bought him a Mickey Halloween coloring book, pumpkin sippy cup, bought him trick or cheesy mac and cheese, were planning on buying a pizza from papa murphy's which was shaped like a pumpkin. The pumpkin pizza didn't work out, which I was happy about cause I dont like him eating tons of bad food in one day, we ended up having to go out to dinner cause it got late/no nap, and he didn't want to eat before we left. So no pumpkin peeshe...

Ok I have to stop here really quick the word PUMPKIN.  He doesn't say it, if he can help it, and calls them "apples"  I seriously think he is messing with us though!  Sometimes he gets into the repeating everything we say game... say "I love you" "I love you too" say, "rain-bow" "wain-bow",  say "pump-kin" "app-le" as he gives us that serious look! Lol  On our walks (which we do almost daily)  he has been waving at the pumpkins saying "bye bye the apples"  But I have caught him off guard and he'll say "umpkin" (if you haven't noticed he likes to take the first letter off most words) :)

I wanted to make sure he napped and had a great Halloween, but of course, waking him up early, taking him to the park, taking him a bath, making sure he had a full full belly,  didn't work, cause it's always my luck the days I try to wear him out are the days he will not nap.  His dad and I have a problem, we dont sleep unless our eyes are pretty much sealing shut and we can't stay up any longer, he's way worse than us.  But I'm pretty sure he was just excited David was working from home, but I didn't think of that until after his nap, I should've had David do nap time with me, like he does on weekends.

It ended up working out!  He wasn't cranky he was awesome!  His costume was a HIT!  He got a few compliments on his costume (ok he got tons) But he even people saying it was the best/cutest costume they had seen all night. :)  they also got a kick out of him telling them "Thank You" or if I told him to say Thank you, he would tell them "Welcome" ha!

He's super social.  Every house took us at least 5 minuets, I wish that was an exaggeration.  He would invite his self into houses, sit on chairs, sit on or in-between people, or tell his life story, it's just his personality... but not one person seemed to mind, they just adored him.  he ended up with two or three handfuls of candy from each house as well as balloons and other stuff.  I'm used to it from places like Red Robin, or Party City where tables (like an older birthday person, just gives Declan his balloon, or party city acts like it's not as inflated as they like and say it's free, I mean we've even had servers (that weren't even ours come over) tell as we're lucky our kid is so cute :), and I'm not bragging or anything I'm just proud mamma boasting :)) but, neighbors we have never really seen just taking the time to talk to him (one guy trying to kid nap him) lol It was awesome, for him and as a parent.  :) I love my amazing little guy... now pictures... didnt take much from Halloween but here's some I haven't posted yet.


LOVE this

Train!


He loved this!



Done with trick or treating wanting his olli pops

No comments:

Post a Comment