Sunday, March 11, 2012

Bad Morning

So "bad" morning to me seems like an understatement.   I've never been the "why me" type of person... never, not once.  I'm pretty much easy going, some call me the eternal optimist, and I pride myself on it. I'm not a big complainer, with close friends I may "vent" a bit (I have to consider you a close friend to vent to too because I dont like my business out there), but I never say words like "I hate my life" and I am ever in any way shape or form ungrateful for the things I have. I've survived a lot of terrible things ie: mom dying, grandma (i still miss her and it's been years and years), my grandpa collapsing in front of me (calling 911 giving him CPR and always stuck with the feeling if I would've done things differently, faster, better, would he still be alive), running and getting hit by a truck (a silverado to be exact, those things are not tiny and the cartoon-like imprint of a Stephanie size shape making up the dent on the hood, laughable now, but anything but that then, followed by having my first seizure, peeing my pants....)... so yeah there's been a bit of "hard times".  Some how I still remain have remained an optimist....


That being said I have had a "bad" morning.  So, again if you know me you know I'm allergic to all types of bug bites and have sensitive skin.  Most of my friends have never seen this side of me, David and I have been together for 3 years and he's never seen this side of me.... until today.  Yesterday what started off to me as "concern" (i say it that way cause I actually wanted to go to urgent care then, I know my body and had a feeling it should be dealt with), there was a little "bump" on my eye I felt but david couldn't see (this was all while we were out to eat at a restaurant).... then I felt my other eye and felt the same thing, in the same spot.  Then I randomly started feeling itchy in various places and we noticed more bumps, this time visible to David, by the time I got home I had them in random various places.  They didn't really raise red flags even though I still felt I should go in, I took an allergy pill, showered, went to bed hoping everything would be ok in the morning.


Was I ok this morning?  NO, I AM NOT!  But thank you very much for asking.  What IS going on is now my eyes are swollen, my minor "bumps" have swelled up, I have more swelling (is there there a better word I should be using to describe severe swelling?)  in all the infected areas. About 30% of my body is red and swollen!  We ruled out bed bugs, and it seems I'm having an allergic reactions to dust mites from the restaurant.  I feel icky, and itchy, as well as I look like a leopard!!


So if you're thinking I should take pictures and post... well that sort of thing I would use my phone for, but since I decided i should wash my bedding and didnt see my phone that was hiding in the sheets, it is now washed and not use able.  I normally would wait it out, see if it will start up after the nice "bath" it just took, but I cant cause I have a photoshoot.  I would just message the friend who got me the photoshoot and ask for their number and use David's phone to just verify when they're there and such, but when I went to her page I saw a friend post on their wall "I have your phone" which probably means I'm S.O.L. How's that that for a cherry on top?  Lol after writting all this my mood is slightly better, and since the time is now 11:55 I decided to keep my optimistic attitude and hope for a better afternoon and hope, this too shall pass.


I really hope anyone who took the time to read this had a better morning.


  

1 comment:

  1. Aw Stephie! I love you! Hope you feel better soon! That would explain why you didn't answer my text though... If you're feeling up to ut at all, I'm making homemade clam chowder in bread bowls tonight for dinner and I wanted to invite you, David and little D over if you feel up to it...

    ReplyDelete