Sunday, March 25, 2012

Declan Pictures

It's not easy getting pictures of kids sometimes.   The biggest thing I always tell parents is full bellies (most of the time I offer to bring juice boxes and cheese sticks), a NAP, and I think the biggest thing parents aren't aware of is from the time they start walking until they're 5, a lot does depend on the parents with discipline and encouragement.  But if the kid isn't listening to you, how do you think they're going to do listening to me, the stranger?  I try squeakers, playing chase, talking to them, making goofy faces, but doing all that while trying to get a focused picture is not easy, and I'm still learning a lot.  I like when kids are at the bribe age (like pizza or ice cream after) cause they'll hurry up and give you great pictures to get it! lol I think parents think you should have a magic wand that makes kids happy, heck I wish I had the magic wand, but for some odd reason kids think photoshoots are the perfect time to have a meltdown.  


My kid is not the exception.  I always made a pact to myself that I will not bad mouth David lol so I will just say, he is not helpful, and thinks by me trying to get Declan to read a book in the grass and look up at me and smile, is controlling and not letting him have fun.  (I will not go there with what I REALLY want to add here but, let's just say I'm better off on my own taking pictures or having Resi help because Declan just loves her and she makes him smile BIG) Needless to say the pictures in the grass did not go well and I may try again after his nap.... but here are some shots that I took of him this morning. 



Man I love this kid


This is my favorite so far today


Mommy you're the silly goose.


Before you ask, it is not just cause he's part Mexican that he is so tan, we go to the park everyday, lift up the sleeve of his shirt and you'll see a little farmers tan! He's all white-boy (except at least he tans and doesn't just turn pink and burn lol)


Spring pictures!


This week I plan on doing a tutorial as well as giving a recipe for amazing turkey meatloaf that I created lol it's easy, cause as a mom I do not have time to cook gourmet everyday, but I like to let people think I do! (though I guess my secret will be out, darn)
Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment