Sunday, January 13, 2013

Energy Bites

I've seen these one soooo many blogs, and all over pinterest, so I thought I would try!!

Here is the recipe I saw was as follows

  • 1 cup oatmeal 
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup ground flax seed
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips 
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Pretty much throw it all in a bowl, stir, make balls! *lets out childish "makes balls" laugh*

There are so many out there too that sub certain things (like raisins for chocolate chips) add dried fruit, apricots, 2/3 cup coconut.


So I decided to try it! I had all the ingredients (kinda) I had to make a few substitutions  probably the worst thing I feed Declan is instant oatmeal (but after a year of taking care of my grandpa who only wanted cream of wheat for breakfast, or oatmeal, EVERY morning) I've made enough to last me a life time!!

So I used banana bread instant oatmeal (2 packs, it's the one Declan actually doesn't like), and I only had Ghirardelli white chocolate chips.... So mixed all the ingredients above, and presto!! Yumminess! 

I'm not a huge fan of flax seed, I think it's gross to eat but do anyway, you couldn't even taste it in here!  When Declan likes something he does food-gasm noises lol "Mmmm" "Mmmm Thish good"  He ate 3!

not the best pic but here are what mine looked like 





No comments:

Post a Comment