Sunday, January 13, 2013

How to make a onesie bouquet






I first got this idea when my cousin Christina was having her baby, I had made her a bunch of applique onsies with ASU material, and I wanted to present it in a nice way, other than just a gift bag.  I learned to really appreciate handmade gifts. My first baby shower I received 3 diaper cakes, I was grateful and felt loved that I had so many friends that took time to make me something... 

Little did I realize how much time, and that it was not a cheap project until I decided to make one myself, now, I'm even more thankful to these friends!!

I had seen these onesie bouquets on overstock.com, and remember thinking wow 50 bucks for something that cost 15 to make (there goes my cheapness again, but it was 5 plain onesies and flowers, 50 bucks, seriously?!?!)

So I decided to try it on my own, at the time there wasn't another tutorial about it, but thanks to pinterest and everyone being more crafty, when I looked now, there were several, but this is how I did it!








Onesie (and you add other things like wash cloths, pants, other clothing items)
blanket
basket or pot
artificial flowers (and leaves), or real if you prefer
stuffed animal (optional)
tape, ribbon, or rubber bands (or anything you want to keep the onesies closed)
and scissors are helpful

You can find these things decently priced at Michael s or the dollar store

 
Cut all flowers and leaves at the base, you can use your scissors to help and cute off the plastic part, I usually just wiggle it back and forth until it breaks apart, if you're stronger than me you can just cut it!  Do that to all the flowers and leaves (I usually use 2 flower bundles and one leave bundle)



the base will look like this after



Roll the onesies, for deep baskets you want to do the longer roll, sleeves in and rolll


for little pots fold like above and roll

then make sure you use tape (bottom) or ribbon (top) to secure the onesies, to make sure they don't pop open. Set aside.



fold blanket in half, then again (making the blanket in fourths)

Get your pot or basket and place it in there like the picture above, fold it over

place items in 



Add flowers to liking! 
I like to put some in the oneises then I just start adding them all around making sure I separate them evenly (cause I'm OCD and like symmetry)


Presto, pretty easy :)



No comments:

Post a Comment