Sunday, January 13, 2013

Our Family




Well David is sick, again.  Seriously considering asking him to move out, until flu season is over, for now I quarantined him to his room.

Cause I'm afraid of Declan getting in on this flu epidemic, (even though he has his shot I read there is a strand going around that the shot does not cover) I don't take him to the big park as much so I'm finding fun things at home to keep him occupied, we go on our walks (which he thinks we should do 2-3 times a day), I'm actually remembering we have a back yard, and I switch off on which play areas I take him to around the neighbor hood.  To feel like I am doing something, I have started giving him vitamins and give him oranges and broccoli almost everyday (natural vitamin C, you wouldn't believe how much vitamin C broccoli has in it) not sure if I'm going to continue with the vitamins after they run out but they are a good "bribe" in the morning to let me change his diaper, since he gives me a hard time about changing his diaper, and putting it on, I ask him if he wants his gummies after we put on a clean diaper, and he lays down and lets me do it!

He's a normal two year old! At least that's what I keep telling myself!! :)  Smart, funny... I honestly can't believe how much personality such a little guy can have.  His favorite show is still Yo Gabba Gabba, I don't really let him watch TV unless I'm cooking, or it's the weekend, but you can not interrupt his TV time, he totally tunes into to it and nothing else matters.  He's such a boy!  Loves everything that you hear little boys like, with a special emphasis on trains, Mickey Mouse, buses, cars, PUZZLES AND CRAFTS!

There are a couple of things I'm not looking forward to that we're going to have to face soon... Potty training (he's been ready for a looong time, but I'm not sure I can find any more excuses not to try it) and a big boy bed!  I'm bitter sweet about that one, it's going to be nice to decorate his room, but I'm worried about him actually staying in it.  That will not happen until he crawls out of his crib (all the way, which he's pretty close to doing), but it will not happen one day before that happens lol.  Ok, maybe if he hasn't done it by his third birthday, I'll consider the "big boy" bed then. But I'm in no rush for him to grow up, it's fun to think about but, you always hear the parents that have had children longer saying to enjoy each moment... I plan on doing that and letting him stay my little boy as long as possible.

As far as I'm concerned, if you can't tell I'm trying to be a better blogger, which in turns helps me be a better mommy.  I'm also planning on doing some computer programming with David, let's just hope we're still together after lol.

I also have a fun, neat project I'm actually doing this year, I had the idea last year but never followed through, A month-to-month Declan calendar, so every month I take a picture dedicated to that month... for January, I probably won't do it until December 2013, I'm thinking Declan wearing a New Year's hat with sparklers... You'll have to wait and see what I planned for Feb. :)

*On a side note, I honestly don't mind when people "steal" my ideas.  I'm glad I can help, I'm not petty, buy your kids the same things, do the same crafts, when they're this age it's hard not to do things that are similar, most kids are interested in the same things... I don't want people to feel that can't post something because I may see it or get mad... but if your calender turns out better than mine, I may be a little bitter! lol*

No comments:

Post a Comment