Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year!!!

We had a great day!  I hope everyone else had a happy new year!!

I am not sorry to see 2012 go bye-bye.  SO many financial struggles, always felt like one thing after the next.  The biggest thing was David's work not paying him... but just when we felt a little recovery, BAM this past month we had SO many expenses.  David's tire went out (250), David got a ticket (200), various doc appointments for Declan and cremes for his eczema, Christmas presents, birthdays, my phone.... ahhh! Too much to name... We pulled through but 2012, you will not be missed.  Though I'm grateful the struggles were superficial, still blessed to have each other and our health, and I wish everyone an awesome 2013.


As for our day it was awesome.  Great way to start out a year.  I let Declan have cinnamon rolls for breakfast, we lounged around and talked for a bit (though Declan woke up at 10 due to not napping the day before, he had a little "pooping" situation, sorry TMI I know, but if you're a parent you know sh** happens lol) But a late start meant no nap again.  We had pizza for lunch, not sure if you have ever seen them but those pizza boxes from Wal-Mart, they're pretty fantastic!  They're 5 bucks a box and come with 4 individual pizzas, I love the crust, taste like sourdough, mmmm.

I had seen on a link to the Arizona Science Center that they had snow, I didn't think they would be open for the new year, David happened to see the same thing and said they were open and suggested we take Declan to the "snow" :)  Glad we snagged up that year long membership! Thanks Groupon!!

I must add a little story here!  When I was little, I think my mom said I was 3, I was convinced I needed to see snow!  They made a family thing out of it and my grandparents came, my mom's brother's and sisters, cousins.... Apparently I got out for two minuets, decided it was too cold, got in the car, and expected everyone to leave lol


YAY SNOW!!
Two minuets later that is him, followed by Daddy way in back by the trees, he was over it lol

I just like this picture :)

Now these are all out of order,  sorry!!



Ok so, I know how smart my son is, and ask every parent their kid is the most advanced, talented, smartest little person in the world, and probably that has ever existed!!!  But David and Declan were playing with this, Declan goes away, comes back, picks up the purple weight (I should probably add it's a balancing game), Tries to reach and put it on the right side, some kid helps him and puts it on there, PRESTO, balance.  Maybe coincidence, but I'm still convinced my son is a genius!


Ball pit to show oxygenation in the heart.

Declan saw everyone riding the bike to make the ball go up, he wanted to try, little legs couldn't reach, but he'll be pleased with his valentines day present (a new balance bike, if I don't cave before then)


My son, the brain surgeon.

LEGO car!!

This pic came out tiny but, if you cant see it, it's a nose, you throw the balls in it and eventually, and sporadically  it sneezes, LOUDLY, the first time we saw it this little girl ran away, far away!  Declan got scared but didn't run too far, but when he told him to put the ball back, he hurried up threw it, and ran away lol

Now he did not like the noise the heart made when he pushed the button



Just doing some lab work!

We got lucky, David is obsessed with LEGOS and can't wait til Declan is old enough to play with him, it was the last day of the exhibit, he really like the LEGO cars and watching them go down the ramp


Lego train

Got lucky, David parked on the roof and we got to watch airplanes (one of Declan's favorite pastimes), while he finished his lollipop, his bribe to leave, cause he was having fun.  We also helped out a mom with a screaming baby and gave her the rest of our bribes we had just purchased for her kids to stop a screaming baby, it worked!! She was thankful :) I love doing nice things!  Declan got a bear lollipop, and I thought it was hilarious Declan started to crunch it saying "Mmm bear" lol

Indian food for dinner (Thanks again Groupon!, if you haven't seen a pattern or know me well, you know I'm very thrifty)

After we went to the toys r' us to look around, showed resistance and only bought him a little train and I got him some snacks 

Then we went to look at more lights (he love love love them, calls them "eights") cause we know people will be taking them down soon!

And then the bedtime battle, and our day was done, exhausting, fun, and the best part is a happy boy!!




So I followed up on my resolutions from last year, and wrote a LONG long post, not something I will probably do again but it's very opinionated, which I stray away from for the most part.  So if you care to read it's HERE 

I just want to also add, I wasn't thinking of a particular person when I wrote any of it, and I dont think it should offend anyone, but if it does, I'm sorry. 

Lots of Love!!



No comments:

Post a Comment